Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE FINAL FITTING

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE FINAL FITTING Empty THE FINAL FITTING Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

THE FINAL FITTING
Dear Diary,
The countdown is still on! Jordan’s entire town arrives today with two very important people among them: Her mother and her aunt! I arranged for a “fitting” for Jordan and the girls. It’s more of just a try-it-on for Jordan’s mom, Julie, and her Aunt, Amber, though. Oh well, and I have limousines arriving at the airport to take the town to a first class hotel close but far enough away from Lottie.
“Alright, girls, who is ready to try on their dresses?” I say walking down the stairs.
All the girls come out of their rooms or in from outside and crowd around talking of which car we’re taking and how they can’t wait to see how their dresses look on them.
I laugh, “I have to pick up Jordan’s mom and Aunt. So how about Jordan and I go in my car since I’m sure she’s excited to see them and we can meet you at the bridal shop?”
Everyone says ’yes’ and then they are out the door. I go into the closet and pull out the dress bag with Jordan’s wedding gown, “Come on, Princess.” I smile. We run out to my car and after hanging her dress in the back, I climb into the drivers seat and peel out of the driveway.
“Alice, I’m so excited to see them! I miss them so much!”
“Of course you do, Darling. And oh! Did I forget to mention that Baby Jordan is coming also? She’s your flower girl.”
Jordan turns to me with a look like ’are you serious?!’ then she starts screaming her excitement.
Her excitement stops when she looks in the mirror and says, “Alice, why are there limousines following us?”
“Oh, don’t be worried about them. That’s how your town is getting to their hotel.” I say lightly.
Jordan smiles and laughs a real laugh. Hhh-mmm I like her! If I’d said that to Bella, she probably would have killed me and thrown a hissy! Lol
We pull into the airport and get out of the car. We are walking into the Arrivals section and Jordan can’t stop bouncing up and down.
“Jordan.” I say and point behind her.
She turns around and sees her mom and aunt and niece.
Hugging and ’OMG’s’ are done in the next few minutes. Once Jordan has finished catching up a bit with her family she turns to me and says, “Mom, this my friend and wedding planner, Alice Cullen.”
“How do you do, Alice?” Says Julie.
“Fine. How was the flight, Julie?” I say.
“And this is my Aunt and favorite niece.” Jordan says picking up the baby into her arms.
“Hello, Amber, nice to meet you.” I turn to the little baby, “Why hello, little Jordan. My, my, don’t you look beautiful in that dress?” I say in that voice people use with babies. Little Jordan turns her head into Jordan’s shoulder and cuddles with her.
“So, I thought you might like to join us at the Bridal shop for a final fitting?”
“Oh my gosh! Yes!” Julie and Amber screech.
I laugh and help with their luggage.
Jordan ends up sitting in the back with her mom and aunt so they all can catch up.
And that’s fine! I remember when I found out that I had a niece and I watched her a few times. I wanted to speak with her so bad and to hold her! But I couldn’t, I couldn’t lie to her by saying that my own mother was great friends with her mother or something like that, and I certainly couldn’t tell her that I was her aunt that was supposed to have died in the asylum. This brought sad memories.
“Alice? Alice?” I eventually hear Jordan saying.
I pull my eyes up and look at her reflection in the rearview mirror.
“We’re here.” She says.
I turn off the engine and everyone climbs out, I reach into the back and grab Jordan’s gown. We all laugh and skip inside where the bridesmaids are. Introductions are made again and we laugh and chat until a saleswoman comes up to us and asks, in a snooty tone, if she can help us with something.
“I’m Miss Alice Cullen and we’re here for our final fitting.” I give her a smug smile.
I watch her eyes go wide as she stammers out, “M-Miss C-cullen?”
“Yes. That’s me.”
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know-”
Omg! What is with these people giving me nasty attitudes??!?!??!?
“it’s your job to know,” I whisper as I lead the party into the back by the fitting rooms.
I wait outside with Julie and Amber as the bridesmaids change, then Faine goes in to help Jordan put on her gown. I pull a beautiful crown off the shelf and pull a veil with embroidery on the sides.
“Excuse me a moment,” I say to Julie and Amber.
I dash into the changing room where Faine is buttoning the back of Jordan’s dress. I hold up the veil and the crown and Jordan smiles.
She ducks her head so I can reach and I pull her hair into a messy bun on top of her head, Diary, that’s not how it will be on her wedding day but it’s just se we can get an idea. I gently put the crown on her head and attach the veil. Faine goes outside to stand with the others. Jordan opens the door as I fix her veil. She stands in the middle of her friends and says, “How do I look, mom?” Julie can’t respond because she has started crying. All she can do is nod and smile.
“Mom,” Jordan says pulling her mom into a hug, “Are you going to be crying when you walk me down the aisle?”
Julie shakes her head but then realized what Jordan had said, “Probably.”
Jordan grabs her moms arm and links it through hers and turns her mom to see them both standing together in the mirror. Valentina, Faine, Katy and Chelsea gather behind Jordan and Julie to see themselves standing together in the mirror.
I leave the room for a second to come back with a little white wagon just big enough for a baby.
“May I?” I ask Amber and put baby Jordan into the wagon. I wheel it over by Katy and nod to her.
“Now we’re ready for a wedding.” I say.
~Alice

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum