Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

BUSINESS OR PLEASURE?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BUSINESS OR PLEASURE? Empty BUSINESS OR PLEASURE? Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

BUSINESS OR PLEASURE?
February 19th, 2011
Yeah, so I’ve been here for a week. I amuse the Denali’s whenever I must with Carlisle’s stories, but when I can slip away up to my room then I do. When I think I won’t be bothered for a while I take out my heart and I look at it, it brings me back to thoughts of my child and my love and even of the vampires living in Kerry. When Tanya said she had spoken to Alice…at first I was afraid. Surely Alice must know that Im not the real Carlisle! And if she does, then why wouldn’t she expose me??
Anyway, Im wondering who is getting married? Im wondering if they’re sucking the towns dry or behaving as well as the Cullens? Time will tell, won’t it? I still have a little while until I can go to them, I still have to finish what I had started. I have to get rid of the last of Kali’s ashes and figure out how to put my heart back. Erm-well, actually, I don’t need a heart. It just gets in the way, but I do feel empty there, sort of hollow.
All the sudden I hear a knock on the door, “’Come in.’” I say.
Tanya walks in, “’Well, hello, Carlisle. How is your rest, Carlisle?’”
She keeps saying his name in this weird voice. And this voice of hers makes me think that she knows that I am not him.
“’It was fine, Tanya. Can I help you with something, Tanya?’” I use that annoying voice on her.
“’Oh, Carlisle, I was just coming to check on you, Carlisle. You seem so sad and detached. Is there something wrong, Carlisle? Something that you want to tell me, Carlisle?’”
Oh my god! This woman is pissing me off!
I glare at her, “’ I have nothing more to say to you, Tanya.’” I spit out in a growl.
“’Aha! Carlisle would never growl at us like that!’”
“’He would if you were being this rude!’” I jump off the bed.
“’That proves it. You said ‘he’ instead of’ ‘I’. Now, who they hell are you really?’”
“’Really? Your really want to know who I am?’”
She takes a determined stance and nods.
“’Okay,’” I grab my backpack, “’You asked for it.’” I jump at her and in the time it takes for me to pin her against the wall I am back in my own body, snarling and growling in her face.
“’Boo!’” She flinches, “’You chose the wrong day to piss me off, lady!’” I dash out of the room and down the stairs laughing out loud. These people won’t catch me!
And that’s when I stop. The rest of the Denali’s are blocking my exit.
“’And where did you think you were going?’” Tanya asks as she casually walks down the stairs.
I don’t answer. I just stare at each of them, and willing them to come towards me, I would kill them in a heartbeat!
“’How dare you abuse our hospitality! Well, you shall pay won’t you?’” Tanya and her family close me in a circle.
Im spinning around with my hands out and nails ready to stab like daggers. They fall on top of me, and I use my power.
I shift into Alec and they all flinch away from me.
“’How dare I? How dare You abuse my kindness! Maybe I shall just have to kill you!’” Eleazer is holding Carmen, Garret is holding Katie, and Tanya is alone.
“’Maybe I’ll just have to kill you like we killed your sister.’” I say to Tanya.
She gets a really sad look and then that’s it. The Denali’s are on the floor dead.
I run out the front door and into the airport.
“’California,’” I say.

Nah, I was just kidding you before, I didn’t kill the Denali’s. I only used Alec’s power to deaden their senses. Ha! Im too clever for everyone.
California, here I come!

The plane touches down on California ground. I reach below the seat, grab my backpack and wait for the mass of slow people to get off the plane. I end up just sitting there for a while, letting everyone else get off first, eventually, it's like I'm not even there! I guess it's like sleeping. I get jolted out of it to find a flight attendant lightly pushing my shoulder, "'Sir, its time to get off the plane. You can go now.'"
I nod and she walks away.
Slowly, I rise from my seat and wander down the long, endless aisle. Each seat I pass looks the same as the one before it and the one after it, until all seats just blend into one big never ending seat. It's like my life. I've seen so much that nothing surprises me and after a while, a war is just a war, it doesn't matter the place. A person is just a person, it doesn't matter the face. An adventure is just a sullen trip down memory lane, it doesn't matter the time.
I head towards the front desk and ask where I can find an expensive water front hotel. I receive directions.
"'Would you like me to call you a taxi or a limousine?'"
I ignore him, turn and walk away. Who needs taxis when one could just run?
The hotel accepts my money (enough for a room for 16 days). I put myself into the room and lay on the comfy bed. The next time I look at the clock it is 3 nights later. I want to just lay in that bed forever, but I've already counted the ceiling tiles 100 times. I rise off the bed and out the door. I head to the loudest, most crowded nightclub, I have myself as I was when I was still human. Passing a mirror I stop to look, my eyes are emerald green, my nose is crooked from drunken fights, and I seem somehow shorter. I continue on to pass the bar, "' what can I get ya?'" The woman at the bar asks.
"'Bourbon?'" I ask.
She pours my drink, I pay her, and walk away. I lean up against the wall and casually sip my drink. This place is pretty neat, the music making the wall vibrate, the bright lights, and then all the people. I see this girl coming straight towards me. She's pretty, about 20 years old and- ohhhh, she's wearing a very tight, very lowcut shirt and a, uh, well, um, a very short skirt. That makes me very uncomfortable when she is standing right in front of me.
"'Hey there, Stud. So, are you here on business?'" She leans in close and whispers, "'Or pleasure?'"
My eyes go wide, oh my god! Is she making a pass at me for a one night stand??
When she reaches her hand up to caress my face I grab her wrist, "'Neither.'"
"'Well, I can do both.'" She gives me a seductive look.
"'Stop it. Your twenty years old, way to young to be doing this.'" I give her my best adult voice.
She looks close to tears, "'You're right! Its just the everyone thinks I'm easy so that's what I've become.'" She hugs me and I put my arm around her.
"'It's all his fault.'" She sobs.
"'Who? Whose fault is it?'" I ask.
"'Johnny's.'"
"'Is Johnny here tonight?'" She nods, "'Where?'"
She points up to the bar and I see him. About 6-feet, blonde hair spiked up and an earring. I shove my glass into the girls hand and start towards him.
"'Wait! No! Don't!'" She calls after me and tries to stop me but, even in human form, I am too strong for her.
""Hey. You.'" I say while standing next to him.
"'Me?'" He asks.
"'Yeah, you. Is your name Johnny?'"
"'Uh, yeah. What about it, Pops?'" He and his friends snicker.
What?! Did the punk ass just call me 'pops'?!?
"'Excuse me?'" I say.
"'You heard me, POPS.'"
I nod and laugh with him and his friends. Johnny gets confused at my laughter and turns to look at me. I grab his shirt front, lift him and slam him up onto the bar.
"'Now, you listen here, punk. There are three things very true that I've learned since I've been here for five minutes and you need to hear them.'" Johnny starts shaking. "'One-That girl over there,'" I turn his head to see the girl I was talking to, "' is NOT easy. Its just a nasty rumor you spread about her! Two-,'" I slam him into the bar again, "'I am NOT a 'pops'. I am many things, but I'm not old!,'" I pause, "' How about we have a grand unmasking?'" I raise my voice.
The crowd cheers as I step up onto the bar top and yank Johnny to his feet.
"'You know, everybody wears a mask,'" I say to the crowd, "'even your dear idiot, Johnny.'"
"'What did you call me?'"
"'An idiot.'" Johnny throws a punch and misses.
I grab his arm and twist it behind his back, "'I wear a mask everyday because I can't show who I really am. Its not that I'm afraid to, its just that I can't. But you, Johnny, are just afraid so you make up for your fear with this act.'"
"'Un mask yourself and we'll see about me.'" He puts his fists up.
"'You really don't want to see the real me. He's pissed off.'"
"'Yeah? Well, what will he be now?'" Before I know what he is saying, Johnny punches me.
My head goes back and I taste blood coming from my lip.
Again, before I know what is happening, Johnny hits me in the stomach. I fold over myself and clench my human stomach. Shit this really hurts! This is one thing I DON'T miss about getting into bar fights as a human.
Slowly, I raise my head.
"'Your turn, POPS.'" The boy gives me a smug smile.
"'You asked for it. Come on, hit me again.'"
Johnny lashes out at me but I step to the side. I grab his arm and break it over my leg.
He falls to the ground yelling in agony.
"'That's still not even the real me.'" Much to my surprise, with a broken arm, Johnny gets back onto the bar.
"'More? But last time I broke your arm and you could only split my lip. Your asking for another broken arm pal.'"
He tries to hit me with his left hand, but that's just sloppy. I lash out and hit his nose. He falls off for good with blood spurting out his nose.
"'We all wear a mask. And I think I just took yours off.'" The crowd cheers as I step down and walk to the exit.
"'Wait!'" I turn to see one of Johnny's friends standing looking at me "'What was number three? You said there were three very true things.'"
I looked to Johnny who was looking at me, then to the girl I fought for, she mouthed 'thank you'.
"'Number three?'" The crowd stares at me waiting to hear what I have to say, "'Johnny is an asshole.'" The crowd cheers again as I turn and walk back to the hotel.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum