Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

EDWARD

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1               EDWARD Empty EDWARD Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

EDWARD
Dear Diary,
Good morning! I was up the entire night with so many ideas running through my mind on the wedding! I kept making all these sketches and thinking of designs for tables and how I want to hang the lights. I also have a cake design in mind. Oh, we need to do food, too, for those who eat. Jasper got really angry that I wasn’t talking to him, he threatened to rip up my designs if I didn’t stop for five minutes. I turned around and planted a kiss on him, that settled him enough so he ended up massaging my shoulders. Edward and Bella had gone out hunting and to call and check up on Reneesme. They miss her so much! And I miss our big open house and all of my clothes!!! I can feel it, I am going through withdrawal from all my stuff!!
As soon as we heard everybody downstairs, we changed our clothes so I could go ask more questions about the wedding.
I dressed Jasper in a silver tuxedo with boat shoes, a black vest and a pink tie. He did his hair while I picked out my outfit. I picked a knee length green halter dress with red high heels and a big black belt to go around my dress. I grabbed my wedding planner notebook but Edward came in and asked if I could just leave it and ‘if everything can not revolve around the wedding for five minutes’? I sighed, got angry, then sighed again and led jasper downstairs. Everyone stared as Jasper and I walked in,
“Howdy ya’ll.” Jasper smiled then plopped himself down on the couch.
Bella was sitting at a table chatting with Faine. Im surprised Edward wasn’t hovering over her, and Jordan was sitting with Josh trying to admire her ring but she had a scowl on her face and her eyebrows were knit together with worry. I’ll ask about that later. I turned to my right and saw Alec, Felix and Demetri grouped together against the wall. They had their arms crossed and scowls on their faces, they were a sight! I slowly looked back ahead then took a seat at the table with Faine. I saw Jasper on the couch charming Valentina and Katy with his southern accent. They were giggling and making nice conversation about the weather.
All seemed airy and light until Edward came in. He usually isn’t such a downer so he must be trying really hard. He didn’t come directly into the room but instead stood by the staircase and had stare offs with Alec, Felix and Demetri. No one except me and Bella really noticed, or if they did they most certainly didn’t show it.
Oh no! Edward was going to ruin the nice peaceful visit! I sent him death glares and yelled at him in my mind that ’If you so much as open your mouth I will-’
“So, what powers do we have to worry about protecting ourselves from?” I can’t believe he said that!!!
The entire family turned to look at him, no one seemed angry except for the usual three, and I was the fourth.
“Edward, you and your family don’t need to worry about us harming you. We would never-” Faine started. She was obviously the peace keeper.
“You all have to have extraordinary destructive talents to have been accepted into the Volturri.” He added.
“But-” She tried to counter.
“We already know that Alec can deaden peoples senses to kill them, Demetri can track people and kill them, and Felix isn’t gifted but he can still kill people with his fighting skills.”
I buried my face in my hands. Is there no end to his monsterness??
“Edward, I don’t see how my ability to enhance people’s powers can be used to kill someone.” Faine stated dryly.
“Easy. Take Jane’s power and increase it on somebody else. Or Jasper’s power and control somebody’s every movement.” Can he get more embarrassing??
“Well, what about me hearing a voice in my head?” Valentina chirped quietly.
“Even easier. It can tell you secrets about your opponent. And Katy, you could make someone think they were helping their friends, but really they would be helping the enemy.”
“What about my ability, mind-reader?” Josh stood up in front of Jordan to protect her.
“You can figure out what deadly abilities someone will have and make them a part of your army.”
“Umm, Edward-”
“Quiet, Alice.”
My mouth hung open, I was not about to let him control me! So I looked to Jasper and gave him a pleading look. He stood up and tried to calm Edward but he was way beyond calming.
“And you,” He zeroed in on Jordan.
I nudged Bella, she stood up and said, “Edward, stop it!”
“Bella! They tried to kill Reneesme! And they’ve tried to kill us!”
“Do not talk like that to the bride! Can’t you see that she’s freaked out enough as it is?!”
Josh got into a fighting stance.
“Wait, wait, wait!” I shouted, “There doesn’t have to be a fight!”
Jordan got a bored and angry look on her face. Something really must’ve been bothering her because she got up, pushed Josh down into a chair and crossed the room to stand in front of Edward.
“What about me, huh? I have the same power as you!” She pushed his chest.
“Among others.” His confidence wavered when she approached him.
“I can see mine and Josh’s future, that’s it. I am a physical shield, almost like Bella! And I can make people not want to harm me and my family! I am sick and tired of your attitude! I have the same abilities as your family and I am using them the same they would!” Jordan yelled. Each time she said something, she would push his chest and send him back farther.
“Either you deal with being here and trust us like the rest of your family or you can leave.” Her eyes burned red with the idea of a challenge.
For once, Edward didn’t know what to say.
“That’s what I thought. Alice,” Jordan turned to me, “I need to feed quickly, when I get back it would be really great if we could continue our discussion of the wedding.”
“Of course, Jordan. Take your time.” I said.
Jordan signaled to Faine and ran out. Before Faine followed her I pulled her aside, “Faine, I am so sorry that my brother acted like that. He usually isn’t like that, I swear!”
She patted my arm, “I don’t blame you, Alice. Just see if you can control him more, please, I am too worried about Jordan right now.”
I nodded, “Is there anything else I can do?” I wanted to help in any way possible.
“Just take care of the wedding for now. But maybe.” Faine held her hand up to Josh ordering him to stay and then she was gone.
Bella stormed over to Edward, grabbed his arm and then stormed out of the house.
All was quiet again. I went towards Josh and sat next to him, “So you and Jordan are going to read your own vows?” I couldn’t think of anything nicer to say at the moment.

Josh and I kept up pleasant conversation, and before long, Faine, Jordan and Bella were back. I don’t know where Edward is and honestly, at the moment, I don’t care.
“’Jordan, can we talk?’” I asked her as soon as she came in.
Jordan nodded her head and led me upstairs to her room, Bella came along as well.
“’Jordan, I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so’” Bella coughed, “’I am so sorry about Edward.’” I said.
“’It’s fine.’” She forced a smile.
“’No. It’s not. You are going to be married in less than a month and the last thing you need is stress!’” Jordan nodded in agreement with me.
“’Jordan, Im sorry about my husbands behavior.’” Bella said.
“’I promise that he is going to be nice from now on.’” I smiled.
“’Let’s not jump the gun, Alice. He’ll be more pleasant.’” Bella said.
“’Fine. I just have a lot on my plate.’”
“’I know. But you have to understand our worry. I mean, the Volturi have had their eye on the Cullens since Carlisle was turned and then they had Alice as a prisoner, ’” I nodded my head, “’And tried so many times to kill all the Cullens except Edward and Alice because their gifts were so great. And when Reneesme and I came about, well, they wanted us to.’”
“’Bella, I don’t understand.’” Jordan kind of looked confused and overwhelmed at the same time.
“’See, the Volutrri were so powerful and it was a challenge for us to protect ourselves from them. Edward is wondering why Demetri, Alec and Felix all the sudden went from being bad to good. Jordan, no matter what you might think, a monster doesn’t just stop and become a Saint. Alice has Jasper doing all he can to help calm Edward but he’s worried about us. We are his life and we’ve a little girl back home that we love more than she can ever understand.’” Bella cleared her throat, “’What Alice, Jasper and I are most worried about is that you all defeated the Volturri.’” Bella stopped to let that sink in.
“’So?’” She asked.
“The Volutrri were the most powerful creatures in this world. And you all defeated them. That makes you more powerful than them. If we were frightened by the Volturri, then shouldn’t we be terrified of you? Please don’t be offended, but it’s only logical.” Bella finished, I have to say that Jordan did look a bit offended.
“Bella, I’ll handle this,’” I whisper to her.
“Alice, please tell me that Bella was crazy.” Jordan pleaded.
“Jordan, if there is one thing I learned from my grumpy brother and my wise adoptive father, it’s that every great people need a ruler. We see it every day for humans with their president. And we know that Bees have a queen. Every race needs someone to rule them, and to keep them in check. I am not by any means saying that half the things the Volturri did were right, but they did have logic behind every one of their moves.” I paused so she could absorb this. And I decided to use one of her friends as an example.
“Take your friend Gabriel for example.” Her head popped up, I had her full attention, “Well, whats to stop him from creating an army of newborns now and taking other vampire territory? Or to destroy the entire human race? It’s just a thought.”
“Well, are you suggesting that we put Marcus and Didyme back as king and queen? Or do you suggest that we become the new Volturri? I can’t put my family through that again. Don’t you see the hurt inside Alec, Felix, and Demetri’s eyes? Don’t you see the hurt behind mine and Valentina’s?” Okay, so she was pissed off at me and Bella.
“No, no, Jordan, I’m not-”
“Miss Cullen, I don’t give a damn about other vampires and their rules! And how dare you bring Gabriel into this! You don’t even know him,” She growled.
“Jordan, you know I didn’t mean it like that-”
“Oh! I know exactly what you meant, Miss Im-a-perfect-vegetarian-with-a-perfect-family-who-knows-the-way-things-should-be-done-perfectly! I don’t care!” She screamed at me then stormed off probably to go talk to Josh.
“But you will care.” I called after her.
All the sudden, I got angry myself and found myself stomping into my room and locking the door shut. God! This isn’t even a room! It’s more like a broom closet!
I sat down on my bed and sighed angrily. Ugh! I knew that was going to happen! This morning while Jasper and I were getting ready, I had a vision of Me, Bella, and Jordan fighting and I had hoped to stop it but I guess I only caused it. Stupid visions!
Soon enough, I felt Jasper’s warm presence on the other side of the door.
“Darlin’, are you in there? Is my pretty little Alice in there?”
“No,” I growled.
“Come on, doll, open up the door for me.” He whispered sweetly.
I didn’t respond and all the sudden I felt Jasper’s presence all over me, not physically, but I knew that he was calming me the only way he knew possible from this distance: by using his power. As if in a trance, I got up and turned the knob on the door to let him in. I went and sat back on the bed with my knees folded up under my chin. He was just standing in the door frame with his hands in his pockets.
“Wanna tell me whats upsetting you?”
“Not like you don’t already know.” I grumbled.
He closed the door and locked us in.
“Come on, tell me.” He winked.
“Right now, you are.”
He bowed his head then, like a real southern gentleman and said, “I’m sorry, ma’am.”
I would have cried if it were possible! That was the same exact thing he said when we first met in that diner in Philadelphia.
I flung myself up at him and kissed every inch of bare flesh, “Oh, Jazz! I am so, so, so, sorry! I didn’t mean to snap at you!”
He put his hand over my mouth, “Alice, don’t you ever be sorry for anything you ever do or say to me. I love you, all sides of you. Happy, good, angry, sad-”
“Well, what about my bad side?”
Jasper slid his fingers under my chin and lifted it up, “Love, you don’t have a bad side.” I stared into his beautiful bronze eyes and saw nothing but the truth and more love than I thought possible for one man to possess.
“I love you, Jasper Whitlock.” I cuddle into his chest where he holds me for the next few hours, “More than words can say.”
He strokes my hair and caresses my cheek.
“Jasper, you always know the right thing to say.” I was playing with the buttons on his shirt.
“Alice, you always know the right thing to do.” He laced his fingers in mine.
He pulled me down onto the bed and we just lay there in silence for a while. I enjoyed just being with him and feeling his body against me. Holding me to him, like an anchor holds a ship in place. But a thought interrupted my peacefulness.
I bolt upright.
“What? What is it?” My husband asks.
“Does that mean I am no longer Jordan’s wedding coordinator?” I shriek. Jasper chuckled and pulled me back to him.
~Alice

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]