Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHANGING BODIES, MINDS, AND LIVES...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHANGING BODIES, MINDS, AND LIVES... Empty CHANGING BODIES, MINDS, AND LIVES... Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:16 am

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

CHANGING BODIES, MINDS, AND LIVES….
October 11th, 2010 (Continued)
About ten minutes later, we heard some screaming. ‘We’ as in, Me, Faine, Jordan, Josh, and Marcus. Alec and Felix walked in with a struggling Caius. He most certainly wasn’t making it easy for them. I chuckled. And behind them came Demetri with a scowl on his face and Valentina nestled into his arms. No matter what they say out loud, I know that they both like each other and are both perfect for one another.
“’Caius, I think your time has come.’” Demitri said.
“’My brothers! What have you done with them?’” He shrieked.
“’Aro is dead, it was his time to go.’” Alec said.
“’How dare you! How dare you all! We kept you safe and embraced your talents for over 600 years! And you,’” He finally saw me, “’After all the kindness we showed you? We introduced you to Jane! We had it planned so you two could be perfect for each other! How dare you betray your new family like that!’”
“’Family? That was not a family. And, Caius, a matchmaker you are not! I have someone else that I would die for and I know she would die for me…she already has.’”
“’Johanna is gone! How would you even know that she died for you?’” He was furious.
How did Caius even know about Johanna? Did Aro tell him?
“’Aro sent the wolves on you.’” I blurted.
“’What?’” He was finally stunned and quite.
“’Aro wanted you dead so that he could have full control of Volterra. All that would be in his way was Marcus and he wasn’t even a problem! He was just an empty shell that sat in a throne all day, every day, watching Aro destroy all that is peaceful and good of our kind!’”
“’Aro-would never-’”
“’Still think we were a family?’” I asked sarcastically,
“’Oh, oh! Can I do it?’” We all turned to look at the sweet voice that had asked the question.. It was Jordan.
“’Can I kill him?’” She asked sweetly. I looked to Josh, hoping he would discourage her actions. He nodded at Demetri and backed away.
“’Of course, Jordan. Have at him.’”
“’Close your eyes. It will all be over soon, Master.’” I turned away. I couldn’t watch. But I heard it. Heard Caius’s arms torn from his body and thrown into the still blazing fire. Jordan took her time. Caius was a captor to her, someone she wished to torture and laugh at as he faces death. I heard Jordan jump onto his back and twist his neck off. She giggled as she punted it into the fire. Felix and Demetri lifted his limbless, headless body into the fire. Caius was no more. I turned to see Jordan hug Faine and watch them dance around the fire.
Was it okay for us to do this?! Did it make us any better than them to destroy like that?!
As if to answer my thoughts, Faine came over and hugged me, “’It’s almost over.’” She said, “’Are you ready?’”
I nodded. Now was to come the hard part of destroying Jane.
Her ears must have been ringing because she comes walking in to the Great hall.
“’What has happened?!?’” She shrieks, “’Where are Master Aro and Caius?!?’” She gasps and her eyes go wide looking at the fire.
“’You killed them.’” She whispered.
“’Janie, everything is going to be okay. I promise.’” I grasped her hands and looked her in the eye.
I think she understood, she walked away with a glance at her brother.
“’Im ready.’” Faine, Alec, Chelsea and I ran up to Tristan’s room, he wasn’t there. Faine said she thought he was in the courtyard. We ran there and that’s where we found him. Here comes my big part, I change into Amelia. She is in a short black dress with skinny straps. Her berry red hair is wavy and neatly done. I walk out into the courtyard.
“’Amelia?’” He is shocked.
“’Hello, Tristan’” I smile.
“’What-? How-?’” He is holding me. Kissing me. “’But I killed you?’”
“’No, you didn’t, my love.’” I caressed his face, “’You didn’t burn my body. Thank goodness you were just a newborn and didn’t know what you were doing. Another vampire came along and put me back together, with a little blood I was as good as new!’” I traced his lips with my finger. Amelia really was happy to see him again.
“’I didn’t think this was possible,”’ His face was buried in my hair, “’To be together again. But I told myself that even though you were dead, I would learn how to use my gift, incase you ever did come back.’” Amelia jumped at this! He would no longer scare her and too know that even after all this time, he was still hers!
“’Come, Let’s go away.’” I whispered.
I started walking away.
“’Tristan?’” I heard Jane ask. She was quite and sad.
“’Jane. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be cuddling with Gabriel?’” He said sharply.
Ouch! That hurt my pride a bit!
“’Is? Is that Amelia?’”
“’Just go back to your room, Janie. Tristan is mine, he always was.’” I just have to get her to touch Tristan!
“’Tristan! How could you even think of going back to her? She was afraid of you! She ran from you! I would never!’”
“’Tristan, come with me.’” I turned and walked away. This was it.
“’Im sorry.’” He said. He followed me.
“’Tristan, No!’” Jane grabbed onto his hand.
Things happened so fast. Faine jumped out and enhanced Tristan’s power. Jane jumped back, she was all alone in her mind. She had nobody. Faine used Alec’s power to try and erase her mind.
I Shifted back into myself.
Jane was thrashing around trying to resist the memories that Faine was putting in her mind. Chelsea and Faine worked together to try and get Jane to accept these new memories, but Jane wouldn’t have it.
“’Gabriel-’” She called out to me.
It nearly killed me to say these next words, “’Just let go, Janie. It’s time for you to let go.’”
She stared at me, and Jane was gone with “’Okay.’” She released her hold and Faine successfully put Amelia’s memories into Jane.
After this was done we stood waiting to see what would happen, “’I love you, Jane.’”
“’Who is Jane?’” The girl asked.
I shed a tear.
“’Tristan? What has happened to me?’” She ran into his arms and they both started crying.
“’Oh, my beautiful Tristan!’” Amelia said.
“’Amelia, I promise I will never let go! I’ll never scare you again!’”
“’I was scared without you.’” I heard her say. I left and the others followed me. Just one more thing to take care of and then I could leave.

Back in The Great Hall, Jordan was still gazing into the fire and watching the purple smoke rise to the ceiling.
Ah! I wish I could just run into that fire myself! I wish…I wish I could die that easily! How wonderful it would be to no longer feel. If only it were that easy, if only I were human. Humans are so fragile. Take a knife and caress their throats with it. Take a rope and tie a bow. Jump in but don’t hold your breath. Breath in, Breath out, and then swallow it all, Poison. Aim at your head and pull the trigger. Or fall in love then watch her die.
Jordan’s head snapped up and she looked at me. I guess she didn’t like hearing that. She can’t be worried about me! I don’t even know her! I just agreed to help so all these people would be off my back!
I didn’t have to do anything to help change the wife into Didyme. I just sat back and watched Faine, Alec and Chelsea do all the hard work. Marcus was so happy! It must be great for him to hold her again and to hear her voice-Hhhmmmm. Could I?
I wonder if Faine could do that for me? Only, she would bring back Johanna! Hey, Faine!
I called in my mind. She looked over at me. Could you-? You know. Bring back my love?
“’Is that really what you want?’” Everybody looked up. They had no idea what was going on, “’You know she wouldn’t be exactly the same. First of all, she would look different. And second, I am not even sure it would one hundred percent work.’”
No, never mind. I thought. If I can’t have Johanna the way she was, exactly, piece by piece, then I can’t have parts of her.
Faine nodded and we watched Marcus be reunited with his Didyme. He asked us why? Why would we do such a thing while we killed his brothers?
Alec and Demetri started explaining but they weren’t doing such a great job so Faine and Jordan took over. They said it was about compassion and some other stuff that I zoned out for. I was bored. So I went back to the courtyard and watched Tristan and Amelia. It was weird to see Jane’s body speaking such kind words and using gentle touches! I think there is some part of me that still loves her. It was such an odd feeling to be the one not wanted, to be standing in the shadows watching love from a distance. After a while, Tristan and Amelia got up and ran to the great hall. I followed them and when I walked in their was quite an enormous amount of money on the floor. Apparently, the friends had divided up all Aro’s money equally amongst us. Marcus and Didyme rejected it saying that they couldn’t take it and they would be more than fine without it.
Idiot probably has a million dollars in a secret bank account. Oh, well, more for me now.
I took my money and walked out. I heard them ask each other where I was going. Well, about ten minutes later, I walked back in with a couple rifles and handguns on my person.
“’Where are you going that would ever require that much firepower?!’” Jordan asked.
“’Places. Don’t ask.’” I turned to Faine and Alec, “’So, I’ll see ya in, oh, say, six months? Yes?’” They nodded their heads.
Crap! Im not good at goodbyes!“’Yeah. So. Later, I guess.’” I stared at the new Amelia a beat longer than I should have and turned my back on them. I had that damned tear of blood on my cheek again! I stored my weapons and walked down the cathedral like steps and into the night…for the last time.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum