Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

SUPERSTITION

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SUPERSTITION Empty SUPERSTITION Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

SUPERSTITION
September 13th, 2010
Apparently, today is Friday the 13th. And also, it is supposedly an unlucky day. My last victim’s memory tells me that nobody believes in such things anymore…Well then, it is up to me to make them believe!
Today will be the most soul crushing, spirit wrecking day in the lives of the people of Fairview, Pennsylvania. I am going to murder and maul and mutilate. I am going to make them beg for their lives. I am going to make them wish they never left the house. There shall be no mercy! I am now in Fairview; it is small and therefore will cause much grief and terror for the people…My dinner. I hear music off into the woods. And I smell my prey. They are all sitting in a circle around a fire. They are all laughing and talking about their lives. I wonder why they talk of such things and I wonder if I would prefer a young woman or a young man for my first kill? The choice has been made: a young man. He has gotten up and started- oh! He is also bringing a young woman for me! Hmm I shall let him live for a few seconds longer, the girl will die first. I shrink into the shadows and run along the tree tops until I am just above the couple who has started kissing. The boy is leaning against the tree and holding the girl. I reach my arm down and in half a second the girl is in my hands. MY teeth are upon her throat; her blood is upon my lips. I leave the body in the trees and jump down to stand in front of the boy. All this happened in a second and he hasn’t notice the girl has gone missing. I lean in to kiss him. (Don’t get me wrong! I am in no way shape or form attracted to my own gender! I love a good lady as much as the next man…I just enjoy theatrics and scaring the wits out of people.) We are kissing for about a moment until he realizes that lips aren’t the only thing he is touching. He pulls back and opens his eyes. He screams and his eyes go wide. Forget about the fact that he was just kissing a man, it’s more important that the man has blood on him! All the sudden something falls upon his head, he stops screaming. Thinking it is rain he looks up and more of the mysterious liquid falls into his face. He wipes it off with his hands and looks at it. He starts screaming again because blood is upon him. He looks up, and this time he is staring into the face of the girl, a trickle of blood escaping from her lip. The boy sinks to the ground and starts crying.
“’ Что заставило Вас думать, что Вы были безопасны в лесу? ‘” (What made you think you were safe in the woods?)
“” What?’” the boy says through many tears.
“’ I said, ‘What makes you think you were safe in the woods?’” I say in English laced with my heavy Russian accent, “’After all, don’t you know that bad things happen in the woods?’”
“It-It’s Friday the 13th,’” Stammers the boy.
“’All the more reason for you to have stayed hidden under your bed at home.’”
“’Nobody believes in that anymore! It’s j-just superstition!’” He wails. He is nervous and I am glad.
“’Yeah, well look what happens when nobody believes in superstition.’” I disappear from his sight but he still hears me, “’ The werewolves, witches and monsters come out to play,’” He is screaming for me to stop.
“’The wolves feast upon living flesh. The witches brew with angry souls. The Dead crawl out of graves and seek revenge upon the living.’”
“’Is that WH-what you are? The Dead?’”
“I am the Living Dead.’” I muse.
“’I saw that movie and things don’t go so well.’”
“That was just a movie though, this is real life. The difference is that at the end of a movie the lights go on and the credits roll across the screen. There is no happy ending for you. The lights will never go on again and the only place where people will see your name is on a tomb stone.’”
“’Please! Oh, God! Please help me!’”
“’Your friends do not hear you. They cannot help you. And even God, my friend, cannot save you now. The Vampires walk at night and take the souls of the living.’”
“V-v-vampires? You’re a v-v-va-’”
“A Vampire!’”
“’Superstition is a bitch!’” The boy cries.
I lunge at his throat and tear at his insides. When I am done, his eyes are wide open and there is a hole where his heart should be.
“’Именно это Вы получаете для того, чтобы быть живым. ‘” (That is what you get for being alive.)
Slowly I kill off the rest of the humans. None of my other kills take as long as the first…that is, until I reach the last:
There are now only two girls left. The rest of their friends are dead. I decided to scare them to Hell and beyond. I break branches and utter deep growls from my chest. I wail and moan and tell them I am coming for them. They are huddling together, afraid for there own lives but pretending to care about the other. I jump into the tree tops, without a sound. They don’t know where I have gone. I am standing over the fire and I make it go out. Steam rises, the girls scream and run! The moon is hidden behind clouds as they run to pure darkness. I leap down and silently kill one of the girls. The other notices something is wrong, her friend is missing. Again, I disappear. The moon comes out the remaining girl finds her friend’s body torn to shreds. She takes a step back and steps in a puddle. She looks down to her foot and finds that it was a puddle of blood. She looks all around her. And everywhere she looks, her friend’s deceased bodies are strewn about the ground, some of their blood is splattered over the ground, their insides are hung about on tree branches and bushes.
She is crying and calling to me to just kill her. For some reason I cannot bear to torment her anymore. I feel like my heart is beating! Something it has not done for many, many years. She asks me to come out. I feel like I cannot deny her. I feel that if she were to ask for the world I would have no other option than to give it to her, and that I would want to keep her safe with all my heart!
The moon raises high and shines brighter than before as I step into the middle of the clearing.
She gasps, at my appearance no doubt.
In a voice as clear as bells she whispers, “’Who are you?’”
I sigh. Her voice is what I would imagine angels to be! I cannot let her know that she enchants me though, “’It is always the same questions:’” I pronounce each word calmly and slowly in my rich accent, ‘”Who are you?’ ‘What are you doing?’ ‘Why are you doing this to me?’ You humans need to come up with better questions.’” I still haven’t moved closer to her, but I have not moved away either. Her gaze keeps me grounded, almost like my next move depends on her will.
“’I meant it when I asked you though. Who are you? What is your name?’” She doesn’t sound afraid any more. Curse my delectable Russian accent!
“’Gabriel.’”
“’Like the angel! How sweet!’”
“’Sweet…’” I echo, “’It is not sweet. When you say ‘angel’ I hope you mean angel of hell.’”
“’No. I do not.’” She sounds completely calm as if she were talking to an old friend. But she also sounds strong, as if standing up for what she believes in.
“’ I am a Vampire. By right you should be afraid of me.’”
“I don’t think I am,’” Five words I had never expected to hear in my life, “’Come closer. Into the light so I can see you.’”
I did as she commanded. I did not flit to her side instantly, I slowly walked so she could get used to my appearance. Walking to her, I began to feel fear myself. And this feeling released a terror inside of me I never imagined I would feel.
I was now three feet in front of her but the heat radiating off her body made me feel closer.
“’You’re beautiful,’” I laughed and she smiled. She likes my laugh, “’And you do not have the slightest resemblance of a Vampire.’”
I grabbed her hand, she shuddered, “’That is because you haven’t the slightest idea of what they look like.’”
“’They have fangs-’”
“’I have fangs!’” I felt a sense of pride in them.
“’The let me see them.’”
I opened my mouth and let them slide down.
She laughed. In a single laugh I heard bells ringing.
“’Those? Why, those are nothing but baby fangs!’”
“’They are perfectly normal in every respect, I assure you!’” I calmed down, “’What is your name?’”
“’Johanna.’”
“’Johanna…’” I echoed. It was the most beautiful name I ever heard! Perhaps as beautiful as my own daughter’s….
“’I can’t let you live-’”
“Take me with you.’”
“’What?!?’” I was completely shocked. And also the slightest bit happy. And quite afraid.
She put her hand to my chest, “’Take me with you. You don’t scare me and to be honest you fascinate me.’”
I tried to scare her with a vampire face and vampire movement, “’Fear me! For I am a vampire! And I will suck your blood!’” I was behind her when I grabbed her head and exposed her throat.
Her blood rushed the tiniest bit faster and I was fascinated with her jugular, but I did not want to rip it out.
She escaped out of my grasp and rose onto her tiptoes to kiss me on the lips…blood and all!
We stayed in a passionate kiss. The kiss had a single tear of blood roll down my cheek and that tear stayed on me when I brought my mouth to her neck and sucked. After a few minutes, I hardly heard her heart beat. I carefully lowered her to the ground and gingerly kissed the space in-between her clavicles. It left a bloody kiss mark.
My blood tear had dried on my cheek. I gave one last glance at Johanna and said a short prayer to God. Or to anybody who would listen to protect that girl. To protect Johanna wherever she was being sent. I turned and walked away from the one person who hade EVER made me feel something.
-Gabriel

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

2SUPERSTITION Empty Re: SUPERSTITION Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:20 pm

terrisa

terrisa
Admin

ohh my gosh that was amazing moni wow wow wow wow i have chills really really really good eppppppp Very Happy

3SUPERSTITION Empty Re: SUPERSTITION Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 am

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

lol thanks, sis!! Funny thing: I didn't even know I was writing this until i looked back an hour later and there it was! ta-da! he story definitly needed a twist and I think Johana was that twist Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum